Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WSUS Clients status not yet reported

Well about two days ago our WSUS server had crashed and I pretty much had to reload it. Now the problem I'm having is that all of the clients show as not yet reported. I've checked a couple things and first problem I found was the Virtual Directory named Selfupdate was not in IIS. I had to create that myself and set the rights and paths as follows:

Directory: %ProgramFiles%Update Services\SelfUpdate

Security: Anonymous Access Enabled

Now that is all that I found and it seems there is more to it. You also have to set

Security: Like above but also set Integrated Windows Authentication.

Execute Permissions: Scripts Only

From a client Computer I ran the folowing command:

wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow

Before I did the above the log file c:\windows\windowsupdate.log had the following errors/warnings

Cached cookie has expired or a new PID is available

Once I set all the above my client had connected and downloaded new updates. A good link to follow is

IIS Settings For WSUS

No comments:

Post a Comment