Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SCCM 2007 Deploying Packages

Hmm now this is really starting to bug me. I've basically setup packages and advertisements just about every which way I can think of plus various ways from various sites. The packages never report to SCCM that it was a success. When logging into clients I'd get the New Programs Installed and the software does indeed work. On the clients in windows\system32\ccm\logs opening execmgr.log I see several messages. What I do notice is that my clients report with a status code of 0 and it states success.

So if your also having this issue make sure to check your logs on the client cause it actually may be installed. The programs I'm talking about mostly are Adobe flash, reader, shockwave, java. They all install successful but sccm reports program errors or failures.

Anyone that got successful returns in SCCM feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment