Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sccm 2007

For those that don't now what sccm means it is System Center Configuration Manager. Its pretty much the upgrade from SMS 2003. Its just about the same pain in the neck to install and configure.. I found a few sites that had semi-walkthroughs on installing and configuration. I followed step by step and basically still was faced with many errors. SQL actually was piece of cake as I haven't had to touch it since I clicked finish...

So after about 2 and a half days I think I've finally got it fully installed and working. After the second day of researching errors and trying various fixes about 1/4 of my clients were accepted and installed. I've been trying to clear the error messages and worry about the warnings at another time. So far I've had to reinstall IIS about 2 - 3 times and make sure WEBDAV was allowed. I've also had to remove roles and reinstall them from the System Management Console. I think I redid the MP about 2 - 3 times as well. I was getting 500 and 501 errors about every hour and for the last 3 hours it hasn't come back yet ::crosses fingers::

Basically for anyone trying to get it installed and are seeing MP or SMP errors, those are your roles so you may just need to uninstall the role, check the log files to make sure it finishes successfully, then reinstall the role. Also I had my boundries setup for AD but it seemed to work better with IP subnet. Well I'll find out tomorrow if I'm all set to go on and try other tasks such as software updates and pushes. Remote management seems to be working. I'll try and get some reference links to the sites that did help me..

Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment