Friday, April 17, 2009

Configuration Management Console Lacks All the Views

Well I was trying to configure a MMC with just certain objects such as just the computer management section. It runs a little wizard and you pick custom and you can select which options you want to show. That part worked but I tried to set it back and no matter what I picked it kept the same options with just the computer settings part.

I basically copied the adminconsole.msc from the install source in SMSSETUP\AdminUI\bin to Drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminUI\bin

Then I ran my Console and all the settings were back in place. Not sure why re-running the wizard and selecting all the tree didn't fix it.

Another fix is to make a new MMC and add the System Center Configuration Manager Snap-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment