Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SUP Role In SCCM 2007 Sync Error

Ok now maybe I over looked some steps but I have gone back and forth with tons of trys/fixes and I think I finally found the answer. My site is setup like this: Already in place WSUS and a new SCCM2007 server. Here is what I have found and it seems like that is how I was trying to set it up

Server 1 (SCCM) is the server server with WSUS admin console

Server 2 (WSUS) is the WSUS server

On WSUS, add SCCM as a local admin (don't need to do anything else)

On SCCM, ADD a NEW server:

* Name is WSUS

* Specify the WSUS server FQDN

* The only role is SUP

* Make it an active SUP

* Sync with Microsoft Update

* Set the rest of the parameters as desired


So It seems I was trying to add the role to my site server instead of the WSUS server. I never thought to add another server under the site systems. ::Slaps face::
Anyway I'm checking my log file now and its at 96% synching!! woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment