Friday, May 8, 2009

Windows 7 RC Review

After the install of Windows 7 RC I began to install random programs that I use. I've been using since release and actually been remoting in to my other boxes and servers from it. I must say I haven't had any BSOD's or any errors really besides the few I posted in my blog. So far I've loaded Symantec Endpoint and its managed to a SEPM Server. I put on office 2007 Pro, Acrobat Reader, Quick time, Flash, Shockwave, SCCM 2007 Management Console, and java. I also put some software used here called Waterford. No problems as of yet. No IE lock ups or crashes. So I must say that as of right now I'm pretty impressed. My CPU usage is very low as well. I've been running the weather gadget as well and still no hangs.

Well I'll keep everyone posted on when I get my first crash!. I've read a few where people have had BSOD and other issues but so far Im lucky. They way it is looking now as soon as this is release I'll be tossing Vista out and never looking back. I'm going to check on how it manages from AD next. I'm still running 2003 Enviroment so should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment