Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Failed to install SMS client The error code is 80041002

ccmsetup.log showed

Setup failed due to unexpected circumstances. The error code is 80041002

also in client.msi.log the following error was there as well

Product: Configuration Manager Client -- Installation operation failed.

seems there are lots of different causes and fixes. Here is the one that fixed this for me.

1. Stop the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service.
2. Rename the %WinDir%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder to ”Oldrepository”.
3. Restart the “Windows Management Instrumentation service”.
4. Verify that the %WinDir%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder has been recreated.
5. Reinstall the SMS client software.


**Update**

Seems I randomly would get different message's so I checked my rights on the shared folder that the client is in. I gave everyone read and execute and so far so good on the installs



2 comments:

  1. It worked for me...thanks.

    I shared that on my blog http://windowsadminblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Repository folder did not return when I restarted the service, but it still worked for me. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete